Norfolk Constructing Excellence Awards
Hosted by Warren Salmons, Chair of Norfolk Constructing Excellence, and streamed on YouTube, the awards included 13 categories, all of which were judged by a panel of representatives across various disciplines in the construction industry. This year’s awards were particularly important due to the challenges of the last 12 months with Coronavirus, and the 2020 ceremony being cancelled.
The award highlights included:
Future Leader Award
Presented to Jack Trutch of FW Properties in Norwich, this award supports young people getting into the industry and recognises young talented professionals.
Special Achievement Award
John Smith from Smith of Honingham was recognised in the Special Achievement category for his leadership style and his attributes of fairness, honesty and humbleness. He was also commended for the contribution he has made to the local community over the years.
First Place Overall
Morgan Sindall Construction was voted first place overall, after winning the People Development and Health, Safety and Wellbeing Award categories. Their ongoing commitment to their staff health and wellbeing, as well as professional development, and their solid dedication to supporting young people to get into the industry though their virtual work experience initiative, led to them scooping this prestigious award.
Warren Salmons commented: “Construction, like many other industries, had to adapt fast in order to continue working. Companies and employees showed great resilience during the turbulence of Covid. These awards acknowledge the hard work and dedication across the construction industry, and this was particularly apparent over the last year.
“Within Norfolk, an exceptional level of high-quality projects have been delivered. I would like to congratulate all of the winners again for doing such a tremendous job for our region.”
Other winners included:
- Sustainability Award: North Norfolk District Council and Becton to Walcott Landscaping Project
- Digital Award: James Lee Burgess – Construct XR
- Off-Site Award: Clancy Consulting and Norwich Road Academy
- Value Award: Cannon Clarke Architects and The Matthew Project
- Integration and Collaborative Working Award: Smith of Honingham and Condimentum
- Client of the Year Award: East Coast College
- SME of the Year Award: Clancy Consulting
- Innovation Award: Harrison Group
- Preservation and Rejuvenation Award: Water Mills and Marshes – Broads Authority and Halvergate Drainage Mill
The awards event can be viewed by visiting YouTube/Norfolk Constructing Excellence Awards 2021.