Health and Safety specialists, PRV Consultancy is based at the new Innovation Labs in Stowmarket
Innovation Labs is a brand-new innovation and business hub in Stowmarket. Supported by Mid Suffolk District Council, Tech East and the New Anglia LEP, Innovation Labs offers co-working space, with the aim of fostering innovation, entrepreneurship, business growth and development of an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Centre of Excellence. One embryonic business taking advantage of the coworking space at Innovation Labs is PRV Consultancy, a Health & Safety and project management business headed up by Paul Flanagan.
Health and Safety is one of the areas that is too easy to put off dealing with, when there are other matters that seem more pressing in your business. But, as Paul explains, “If you have your own company and especially when you employ people then there are certain things you must do or provide when it comes to Health and Safety. These are set out in various Acts and Regulations and become more specific when you employ more than five people.
Complying with regulations
As a director or business owner, what you must do or organise includes:
• Obtaining employers liability insurance and displaying the certificate at the place of work.
• Ensuring that the organisation has competent health and safety advice available.
• Developing a health and safety policy.
• Carrying out risk assessments on the business’s activities.
• Ensuring that relevant actions are taken following the risk assessment.
• Reporting certain work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences.
If you are an employer, it is your responsibility and you must provide:
• A safe place of work, including access and egress.
• Basic welfare facilities, such as toilets, washing facilities and drinking water.
• Safe plant and equipment.
• A safe system of work.
• Safe and competent fellow employees.
• Adequate levels of supervision, information, instruction and training.
It’s worthwhile getting expert advice and help
“Of course, PRV Consultancy Ltd is able to offer help and advice to local businesses – whether a sole trader or limited entity – to ensure that all of these duties and responsibilities around Health & Safety are met as efficiently, professionally and cost effectively as possible and we are always happy to help and offer basic advice to help start building a relationship.”
Paul Flanagan is a Director at PRV Consultancy. T: 07943 829246 E: email@example.com or visit prvconsultancy.co.uk
For further information on Innovation Labs contact E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 07983 174457 Interested businesses and start-ups can apply for co-working space by visiting innovationlabsstowmarket.com. Prices start from as little as £27 for a daily desk.